We Are Getting Ready To
Celebrate the Holidays
in Downingtown on
Saturday, December 12
The Christmas Committee is working hard to bring you the best Christmas celebration ever. Come join us on Saturday, December 12 when Lancaster Avenue comes alive with the sights and sounds of Christmas!
Please keep checking the website as we finalize our plans for the day’s events. We can tell you for sure that the Christmas Parade will be begin at 3:00 pm traveling from west to east along Lancaster Avenue.
This year’s bands include:
Downingtown Blue and Gold Marching Band
Bishop Shanahan High School Marching Band
Great Valley High School Marching Band
Penn Dixie Band
Eagles Pep Band
Uptown String Band
Chester County Emerald Society Pipe Band
There will be entertainment along the parade route prior to the parade.
Octorara Intermediate School Band
Touch of Class Dance Studio
Walt Kinsey and Company
Many of the stores along the parade route will be open during the day on December 12 with free refreshments, sales & specials, raffles and much more.
- 30 EAST SALON Owner Susan Ivers offers hair services and massages at the salon located at 134 E. Lancaster Avenue. They offer Redken and Aveda products. On parade day they will be open from 9 am – 4 pm and will offer 10% off Gift Cards all day, 10% off Aveda and Redken products, candy canes for everyone and raffles to win a hair service/massage!!
- BELLE VIE SALON at 137 W. Lancaster Avenue will be open from 8:30 am to the end of the parade and is owned by Kelly Hook. They will be offering 20% off all retail. Plus buy any regular retail item, and you can pick any travel product for free!!
- BUD-N-BLOOM BOUTIQUE has been a wonderful part of the Downingtown community for many years. They are a full service florist with delivery and wire service available. Located at 6 Wallace Avenue, owner Judy Allewelt plans to be open from 9 am – 3:30 pm offering a free flower, candy canes, 10% off any floral purchase or order. Stop in to see her!!!
- FOSTER BOYS – Owned by Tom & David Foster, they are located at 226 E. Lancaster Avenue. Stop in for some great pizzas and awesome sandwiches. They will be open on the 12th from 11 am – 10 pm and will offer free hot chocolate and also, a variety of soups on special.
- STUDIO 3 located at 1 Park Lane is owned by Kyley DiLuigi. Studio 3 does custom picture framing, photo restoration, sells cards & unique gifts. They will be open from 10 am – 5 pm with Free hot apple cider and holiday treats.
- VIGORITA INSURANCE AGENCY INC. – An All State Insurance Agency owned by Candy Vigorita is new to Downingtown and is located at 114 E. Lancaster Avenue. They will be open from 1 – 3 pm with free refreshments & raffle with a quote and free giveaways.
Save the date and be sure to join us!!
If you are thinking of being a participant in the parade,
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE “PARADE INFORMATION” PAGE
and get your registration form in by Saturday, November 28, 2015.