Come join us on Saturday, December 10 when Lancaster Avenue comes alive with the sights
and sounds of Christmas! The Christmas Parade will be begin at 3:00 pm traveling from
west to east along Lancaster Avenue and there will be entertainment along the
parade route starting between 2 & 2:30 pm
This year’s bands in the parade to date are:
Downingtown Blue and Gold Marching Band
Bishop Shanahan High School Marching Band
Eagles Pep Band
Chester County Emerald Society Pipe Band
Penn Dixie Band
Duffy String Band
And new this year – Gina Miller & Division Highway
DO YOU HAVE A SMALL MUSICAL GROUP THAT WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER YOUR
TIME TO ENTERTAIN ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE STARTING BETWEEN 2-2:30 PM.
Church groups, school groups – singing or dancing – young and old!!
It would only be for approximately ½ hour while people are arriving to see the parade.
If interested, contact email@example.com
Pre-Parade Entertainment starts at 2:30 pm:
Touch of Class Dance Studio will be at Lancaster and Wallace Avenues
Octorara 6th Grad Band at Armor Alley Pocket Park
Brandywine Wallace 4th & 5th Grade Chorus will be in front of Dr. Mario Spoto’s at
305 E. Lancaster Avenue
Walt Kinsey and Company will be at Anthony’s Pizza & Grill, 78 W. Lancaster Avenue
Some of the stores along the parade route will be open during the day on December 10 with free refreshments, sales & specials, raffles and much more.
- Studio 3 Framing located at 1 Park Lane will be open from 10 am – 5 pm. Studio 3 provides custom picture framing, photo restoration, greeting cards & gifts. Stop in to see them on the 10th for free refreshments and a sale on Holiday merchandise.
- 30 East Salon offers hair services, waxing and massage and they sell Aveda and Redken products. You can find them at 134 E. Lancaster Avenue. They will have gift certificates on sale ($10 off every $100 purchased), 10% off all Redken and Aveda products and Candy Canes for everyone!! Stores hours on the 10th are 9 am – 4 pm.
- Pappy’s Repurposers just opened at 147 E. Lancaster Avenue. Stop in to see owners Gail and Stacey on parade day for some refreshments and they will be raffling off one of their store items. Pappy’s sells repurposed & new furnishings, home décor & household items. They will be open from 9 am – 7 pm on the 10th.
- Lowe Riders Bikes & Boards at 300 E. Lancaster Avenue have season and daily ski/snowboard rentals, bicycles, skateboards with a full service department. They will be open on parade day from 10 am – 6 pm. Specials on the 10th (1 day only) – Pre-season ski & snowboard rental rates.
- Primo Hoagies – Get your holiday party trays from Primo Hoagies!! Located at 24 E. Lancaster Avenue, they have great Italian specialty sandwiches. Primo’s will be open on Dec. 10th from 10 am – 8 pm. Around parade time they will have hors d’oeuvres, samples of their specialty sandwiches & cookies for the kids.
- Chelsy’s Tavern at 121 E. Lancaster Avenue will be open on parade day from 10 am – 2 am. Stop in a pay them a visit.
- Belle Vie Hair Salon will be open during the day and during the parade. There will be a discount on all products – 25% off!! Stop in at 137 E. Lancaster Avenue for great deals on hair products!
- Downingtown Running Company located at 135 E. Lancaster Avenue sells running shoes, apparel & accessories. They will be open on Dec. 10th from 10 am – 5:30 pm. Stop in for their sale – 25% off all apparel including hats and gloves and 25% off previous shoe models. Makes great Christmas gifts!!
SAVE THE DATE AND BE SURE TO JOIN US!!
If you are thinking of being a participant in the parade,
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE “PARADE INFORMATION” PAGE
There you will see a “CLICK HERE” link that will take you to the
Registration Form & Instructions and Rules page.
Please read over carefully!